Our course and certificate offerings are not for degree credit, so you do not need to apply for admission to the university to register in our learning opportunities.
• Please note that we do not accept registration sent by email, as this is not a secure way to transmit credit card information.
• Registration deadlines vary depending on each course and certificate. Be sure to check the specific course/certificate page for registration deadline details.
• We do not accept post-dated cheques or payment via debit cards.
• As our registration system is online, once payment has been submitted, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have successfully received your payment. Once we have sufficient enrolment in a course/certificate, we will email you an official receipt.
• Any other additional information you may require for your course/certificate will also be sent via email.
Registration for our certificate courses is done through our online payment system, Course Merchant. We are currently set up to accept payment via credit cards (Visa, Mastercard or AMEX). Click here to access our course store.
If you are unable to register online, we are able to assist you in the payment process during our office hours.
Please see the information below for details on registering in person.
Registering in Person
202 Regina Street North, Waterloo
Second floor, room R294 (Centre for Teaching Innovation and Excellence)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
REFUNDS AND WITHDRAWAL POLICY
Refund and withdrawal policies may vary by course/certificate. Unless otherwise stated on the certificate page, the following applies:
• Notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to the Office of Continuing Studies in person, by mail, or by email.
• A full tuition refund, less 10%, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received up to two weeks prior to the start of the first session.
• A full tuition refund, less 25%, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received after two weeks prior to start of the first session and prior to the start of the second session.
• Refunds will not be issued after the second session of any course/certificate.
Note: No refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your course.
Laurier reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrolment. In the event of a cancellation, you will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
Academic & Related Dates Fall/Winter 2017/2018