Diploma in Accounting Program
The Diploma in Accounting has been designed to meet the needs of people planning for a career in accounting. The program is offered on both a full- and part-time basis. Program requirements are given in the chart below.
|Required courses:||Elective courses|
|Choose three half-credits from:
BU427 (or BU497e prior to April '05)
|BU427 for CMA students only
BU486 for CMA students only
- Admission to the program normally requires an undergraduate degree. This program may be taken on a full- or part-time basis. In order to complete the diploma in three terms students must enrol full-time and begin in September.
- Prior to admission to the program, students must have completed: BU227, BU247, EC120, EC140 and BU205 (or equivalent courses). When the number of applicants with minimum qualifications exceeds the number of places available, candidates will be rank-ordered on the basis of academic record and achievement in these five courses.
- Students may be granted a maximum of two credits taken prior to admission to the program.
- In order to graduate, students must attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 7.00 (B-). This average must be attained with a maximum of seven credit attempts; that is, only two half-credits may be repeated or substituted.
- Students must complete at least four credits (eight courses) at Wilfrid Laurier University after admission to the program.
Note: The Diploma in Accounting does not include all of the courses needed to satisfy Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or General Accountant program requirements. However, these courses are available through Undergraduate Business Programs. Contact the Undergraduate Business Programs Office at 519.884.0710 ext. 2572 for information on these courses.