Yoga Teacher Training
"Yoga is the world's oldest holistic system of self-development, integrating body, mind and spirit. Yoga encompasses a tremendous diversity of teachings and techniques. Yet, all schools of yoga commit to the common task of cultivating health, fostering personal growth and supporting spiritual transformation. The full expression of yoga is a holistic lifestyle grounded in spiritual principles that expand consciousness and cultivate compassion." ... a quote from the Kripalu Institute.
Now is the time to become a yoga teacher. A recent poll indicates that 18 million Americans practise yoga on a weekly basis, a number that is growing rapidly and expected to continue to grow.
Maybe like others, you're seeking opportunities to do what you love – and make a difference in our world. Perhaps it's time for you to share the gift of yoga with others. As a yoga teacher, you'll enjoy a rare opportunity to be involved in the personal and spiritual growth of others.
This 200-hour program will include: techniques, teaching methodology, anatomy and physiology, philosophy, lifestyle and ethics, practicum, electives and contact hours. This course will be taught over four weeks. Participants will stay on campus for the duration of the program. Cost includes texts, meals and accommodation.
1. Should have a minimum of six months of previous yoga experience.
2. Should have a regular personal yoga practice.
To be submitted with application
1. A 300–500 word essay describing why you would like to become a yoga teacher.
2. A non-refundable application fee of $50, to be deducted from full tuition upon acceptance of application.
Course Length: 40 weeks
Day/Time: Tuesday evenings, 6 - 9 p.m.
Start Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- no classes the week of December 25, 2007 and January 1, 2008
- last week of class is June 24, 2008
- five full weekends tentatively scheduled for September 21 - 23, October 19 - 21, January 25 - 27, April 18 - 20, May 30 - June 1
Cost: $2400 (plus texts)
Instructor: Denise Davis-Gains, Certified Yoga Teacher
Location: New studio now in Kitchener!
Please note: payment required upon receipt of notification of acceptance to the program (refunds will not be issued once admitted to this program).