Timing of Offers to Current Ontario Secondary School Applicants
- An overall average of 70 percent on six 4U and/or 4M courses is the minimum required for admission consideration. However, higher averages will be required for admission to individual programs in which the demand for places by qualified applicants exceeds the supply of places available in those programs.
- A minimum of 60 percent is required for all prerequisite courses unless otherwise specified.
- The length of time taken by an applicant to complete the OSSD will not of itself be a determining factor in the admission decision.
- Wilfrid Laurier University encourages high school students to achieve as much breadth of preparation as possible in the course of their studies leading to the OSSD while also meeting the stated admission requirements of the postsecondary program to which they intend to apply.
- Grade IX Practical combined with grade III Harmony, RCM or the equivalent, will be accepted as 4M music credit for admission. Submit appropriate documentation to your high school for official conversion.
- Wilfrid Laurier University adheres to the guidelines of the Ministry of Education and Training.
- It is expected that secondary schools will report students' standing to the university in terms of percentage marks for admission and scholarship selection purposes.
- Applicants must fulfill all requirements outlined on their Offer of Admission and successfully complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- A student who receives an offer of admission based on grade 11, early or mid-term grades, and whose final grades have already been submitted, must still meet final conditions, as stated on their Offer of Admission. Note: The University reserves the right to withdraw its Offer of Admission if these requirements are not completely satisfied.
- Timing of Offers for Current Ontario Secondary School Applicants: We are continuously sending out offers of admission from the time applications open on OUAC in December, until the deadline to accept an offer of admission in early June. Offers are sent out in phases, based on different academic criteria. Find out more about our admissions phases.
Deferrals may be considered for high school applicants to first year undergraduate degree programs. Deferrals requested for the Faculty of Music are permitted only under exceptional circumstances and by special permission of the Dean.
You must first accept your Offer of Admission by the deadline date as stipulated on your conditional offer of admission.
All conditions on the original offer of admission must be satisfied before a deferral will be granted.
The deferment may not exceed one academic year and is allowable only for the original program offered and confirmed by the student through OUAC.
Applicants wishing to defer admission must submit the deferral request form along with the fee to the Recruitment & Admissions Office by August 1st. If you are granted a deferral, you will receive an email confirming approval in late August, once we have verified your final Offer conditions have been satisfied.
Applicants who enrol in academic courses at a post-secondary institution (i.e. college or university) during the period of deferment will void their Offer of Admission. They will then be required to re-apply through the OUAC and disclose any new academic information.
Note: Entrance Scholarships can be deferred for one year. Entrance Bursaries will not be deferred. Deferred students can apply for the Laurier Tuition Bursary.