- Honours Business Administration Leading to Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- Unclassified Studies/Designation Courses
Students wishing to enter the accounting profession can take
all most of the courses required by CPA Ontario covering Core 1, Core 2,
Elective 1 and Elective 2. The courses
are offered as part of the BBA (and the BA Economics and Accounting), together
with the Graduate Diploma in Accounting. A list of courses by program is available at the following link:
(Note: the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, the Society of Management Accountants of Ontario, and the Certified General Accountants Association of Ontario have merged to form CPA Ontario)as credits towards the BBA degree. Further details regarding specific course requirements can be obtained from the Undergraduate Programs Office in the Department of Business.
The School of Business & Economics of Wilfrid Laurier University, in co-operation with various professional institutes, associations and societies, offers courses for candidates seeking to qualify for professional designations.
Students may complete required courses for professional accounting designations on a full- or part-time basis. All academic rules regarding failures and prerequisites apply. (The Diploma in Accounting is not a requirement of the professional accounting organizations.)
- All WLU courses in the designation programs carry academic degree credit.
- In all cases, candidates in designation programs must satisfy the admission requirements of the institute, association or society and of the university; and course conditions as stated by the university must be fulfilled.
- The relevant institute, association or society controls the awarding of the designation for which it normally stipulates requirements in addition to the courses listed.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to consult with the institute, association or society concerning admission to its designation program and concerning program requirements.
- Information on the designation programs may be obtained from the Part-Time, Distance and Continuing Education Calendar.