Readmission of Students Required to Withdraw
If you were required to withdraw from Laurier, you may request re-admission to resume studies no earlier than 12 months from the date of required withdrawal.
Please note: Due to the competitive nature of the programs in the School of Business & Economics, students who were required to withdraw from the University are not eligible for re-admission into these programs. If you wish to be considered for re-admission into another program at the University, follow the instructions below for Arts, Brantford or Science.
For the Faculty of Arts, Laurier Brantford and the Faculty of Science:
- Re-admission will be at the discretion of the appropriate Faculty Committee and is not guaranteed.
- Academic upgrading is required (i.e. Two academic
each at a minimum grade of A- (80%); or two university courses, each at
a minimum grade of B- (70%) or better. These courses may not be taken
at Laurier and must not cover course material previously taken at
Laurier. Any additional courses taken while on "must withdraw" status
will be scrutinized by the appropriate Faculty Committee.
- Courses taken for upgrading purposes must be pre-approved. Email the Office of Enrolment Services with the course description or course syllabus or links to the website where this information can be found and include your full name and student ID number in the email.
- Courses taken at college or another university to either meet upgrading requirements or taken for interest while on a "must withdraw" status will not be awarded as, or considered for, transfer credit if you are re-admitted.
- An official transcript must be sent directly to the Office of Enrolment Services - Records from the institution(s) attended for upgrading.
Previous Laurier students must complete: Request for Re-admission
The Faculty Committee requires that you submit, along with the appropriate academic documents, the online form with a statement which includes the following:
- The program you wish to enter or re-enter;
- The reasons for your previous academic performance;
- Why you wish to attend Laurier and why you think you will be more successful academically if re-admitted;
- Details concerning your activities or work experience since your last attendance at school.
If re-admitted, students are permitted to enroll in part-time studies on readmission probation. They are limited to 1.0 credits per semester and must successfully complete 2.0 credits (or equivalent) with a G.P.A. of 5.00 (C) within two years, but are limited to taking a total of 4.0 credits (or equivalent) until academic probation is cleared. No failures are allowed during this probationary period. Upon clearing probation they may then proceed into full-time or part-time studies in accordance with regular academic regulations.
Applicants will be notified by email once decisions have been made. Mail will be sent to the mailing address on file with the Office of Enrolment Services.