Associate Registrar: Student Finances and Client Services: Necia Martins, MBA, email@example.com, ext. 2569
Student Awards Officer: Pamela Woodburn, BA, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 4147
Scholarship Officer: Nancy Helmond, BA, ext. 4255; email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Office Location: First floor, Schlegel Building
General Inquires: 519-884-0710, ext. 2800
Department Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurier Student Awards Website: https://students.wlu.ca/registration-and-finances/financial-aid/index.html
Refer to the Student Awards website for information and details.
These awards are offered based on your admission average. Upgraded grades in the summer prior to your year of entry will not be considered when determining your entrance grid.
- Awards from the Entrance Scholarship Grid are available to students who are entering year 1 of any undergraduate program who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or bearers of a valid student visa.
- Recipients must be registered full-time (2.0 credits minimum per term) and in order to receive the full entrance scholarship amount, and must be registered in two full time terms within their first academic year (academic year refers to the period from September through August).
- No application is required.
- Transfer credits are not included in the determination of eligibility for an Entrance Grid Scholarship.
- These awards are offered based on your admission average, and may include required courses.
- Entrance scholarships will be finalized in July once your final grades have been received. You may not hold more than one entrance scholarship from the entrance scholarship grid
- While the scholarship from the Entrance Scholarship is not renewable (with the exception of the President's Gold Scholarship, students in years 2 through 5 (of approved 5 year programs) are eligible each year to be assessed for an automatic scholarship from the In Course Scholarship Grid
- The value of Entrance Grid Scholarships are subject to change.
Presidents Gold Scholarships are granted upon admission and are renewable for subsequent academic years per the following renewal requirements:
- Renewal of the President's Gold Scholarship is based on the achievement of a minimum of a 10.5 GPA in courses taken in the previous academic year, as well as the completion of a minimum of 5.0 credits (or 10 half credits) over their regular three terms of study in the previous academic year at Laurier.
- The student must complete at least two full credits (or four half credits) in at least two of the three terms. If this is not completed, the scholarship will not be renewed and students will not be eligible to receive the President's Gold Scholarship in a subsequent academic year (students would then automatically be assessed for eligibility under the in course scholarship grid).
- The President's Gold Scholarship can be renewed in years 2, 3 and 4. Students in an approved 5 year program are eligible for renewal in their 5th year of study, if renewal requirements listed above have been met.
- Transfer credits completed prior to attending Laurier may count towards progression requirements, but are not included in the 5.0 credits that must be completed to maintain the President's Gold scholarship.
- With a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 10 to 10.49 you can receive an in-course scholarship amount of $500 applied directly to your tuition. Amounts of $500 are applied in full to fees for the next full-time academic term.GPAs of 10.50 to 10.99 receive $750. The award will be disbursed in two equal installments on the next full-time academic terms
- GPAs of 11 to 12 receive $1,500. The award will be disbursed in two equal installments on the next full-time academic terms
- Amounts more than $500 are applied equally to fees for the next two full-time academic terms
- Recipients must be registered full-time in an established program leading to a recognized undergraduate degree.
- The value of in-course scholarships are subject to change
- For students who were in class for the fall and winter terms only, evaluations will take place in July and successful recipients are notified by email late July.
- For all students who are registered in any spring/summer/intersession courses, evaluations will take place in early October and successful recipients will be notified by mid-October.
- Calculation of the potential scholarship amount is based on the GPA of all courses taken during the fall, winter and spring terms of the previous academic year.
- Candidates must be currently registered with Laurier as their home institution, and have completed a minimum of 5.0 full credits in the previous fall, winter and spring terms at Laurier. The student must complete at least two full credits (or four half credits) in at least two of the three terms. Co-op students may satisfy this requirement in any two of the previous fall, winter or spring terms.
- Transfer credits completed prior to attending Laurier may count towards progression requirements, but are not included in the 5.0 credits that must be completed to receive an in-course scholarship.
In-course scholarships are available to first-entry undergraduate programs only.
Appeals regarding an In Course or President's Gold Scholarship will be accepted through the Student Awards Office; exceptions to the above mentioned requirements are accepted in the event of extreme extenuating circumstances (i.e., medical). For information on how to proceed with an appeal, please contact the Student Awards Office directly.