Readmission of Students Required to Withdraw
Students who have been Required to Withdraw from Laurier and who wish to resume studies must complete the necessary academic upgrading in order to be considered for re-admission. Laurier offers two pathways through which students may be considered for readmission:
- Completion of courses at another post-secondary institution
- Successful completion of an approved re-admission program offered by Laurier
Note: Due to the competitive nature of the programs in the School of Business and Economics and the Bachelor of Social Work Program, students who were required to withdraw from the University are not eligible for re-admission into these programs. If you wish to be considered for re-admission into another program at the university, follow the instructions below for Arts, Human and Social Sciences, Liberal Arts, and Science. If successfully re-admitted to Laurier, students may request transfer into the BA Economics program once in-program GPA requirements are met.
- Completion of Courses at another Post-secondary Institution
- Completion of an Approved Readmission Program offered by Laurier
1. Students may request re-admission to resume studies no earlier than 12 months from the date of required withdrawal if this pathway is taken. The following steps must be completed:
- Successful completion of two academic college courses, each at a minimum grade of A- (80%); or two university courses, each at a minimum grade of B- (70%) or better. These courses may not be taken at Laurier and must not cover course material previously taken at Laurier.
- Courses taken for upgrading purposes must be pre-approved. Email Enrolment Services with the course description or course syllabus or links to the website where this information can be found and include your full name and student ID number in the email.
- Courses taken at college or another university to either meet upgrading requirements or taken for interest while on RTW status will not be awarded as, or considered for, transfer credit if and when student is re-admitted.
- An official transcript must be sent directly to Enrolment Services – Records from the institution(s) attended for upgrading.
- Completion of the Request for Re-admission online form. The form as well as details and criteria for consideration may be found on the Required to Withdraw (RTW) webpage.
If re-admitted, students are permitted to enroll in part-time studies on re-admission probation. Students are limited to 1.0 credits per semester and must successfully complete 2.0 credits (or equivalent) with a GPA of 5.00 within two years, but are limited to taking a total of 4.0 credits (or equivalent) until academic probation is cleared. No failures are allowed during this probationary period. Upon clearing probation student may then proceed into full-time or part-time studies in accordance with regular academic regulations.
Students may be eligible to participate in an approved re-admission program offered by Laurier. Details and criteria for consideration for such program(s) may be found on the Required to Withdraw (RTW) webpage
- For the duration of such program(s) students will be conditionally re-admitted on academic probation.
- Upon successful completion of the re-admission program, students will be re-admitted to full-time studies on academic probation. Students will be limited to 2.0 credits per term, for a minimum of two terms. Once 4.0 credits are attempted, the overall GPA will be re-assessed. Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 4.00+ to clear probation, or request a probation extension. No failures are allowed during this probationary period. Upon completion of this probation, students must meet all program requirements as listed in the Academic Calendar.