Honours BA Environmental Studies in Combination with Fleming College Programs
- Honours BA Environmental Studies in combination with Fleming College Environmental Technician
- Honours BA Environmental Studies in combination with Fleming College Ecosystem Management Technician
- Honours BA Environmental Studies in combination with Fleming College Fish and Wildlife Technician
- Students will have successfully completed one of the two-year diploma programs at Fleming.
- If the average grade in the second year of the Fleming program is B- (70%) or higher, students may be considered for admission into the Honours BA Environmental Studies program at Laurier.
- Applications would be made by using OUAC 105D application on the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website.
- Laurier will grant 10.0 total transfer credits for the Fleming programs considered, per the table below. Note that 5.0 of these are the same across all programs (3.5 GES credits + 1.5 Biology credits), whereas two of the programs have additional specific BIOL and WASC (Applied Water Science) credits (in italics), followed by a specified number of UU credits.
Transfer Credit Table
|Fleming Program||GES Courses||Biology Courses||Junior UU credits||Senior UU Credits|| TOTAL CREDITS
|Environmental Technician||ES110, GG101, GG102, GESC251, GESC254, GESC258||BI111, BI266, BI391||3.0||2.5||10.0|
|Ecosystem Management Technician||ES110, GG101, GG102, GESC251, GESC254, GESC258||BI111, BI266, BI391
|Fish and Wildlife Technician||ES110, GG101, GG102, GESC251, GESC254, GESC258||BI111, BI266, BI391
BI256, BI306, WASC302, WASC303
- The 10.0 credit courses required to complete the Honours BA Environmental Studies include (same across all Fleming programs):
- 4.0 Core GES credits: ES296, ES297, GG281, GG282, GESC290, ES392, GESC398, GESC399
- At least one (0.5 credits) of: GG333, GG351, GG355, GESC360, GG361, GG368, GG369
- 4.0 senior GES credits with no more than 1.0 at the 200 level and at least 1.0 at the 400 level
- 1.5 electives at the senior level of which up to 1.0 could be from GES
- The required courses at Laurier have been selected to fill the knowledge gaps and permit the Fleming students to complete a degree program with a similar overall composition to the four year Honours BA Environmental Studies.