Honours BA Communication Studies
The Honours Communication Studies program consists of 20.0 credits, of which at least 14.0 credits must be at the senior level. The program must include a minimum of 9.0 senior credits, but no more than 12.0 credits, in Communication Studies (designated as CS). Students may also count up to 1.5 credits from senior KS courses.
Required Core CS Courses (3.0 credits):
CS100, CS101, CS203, CS235, CS400,
One of: CS411, CS412, CS413, CS414, CS415, CS416
Required Elective CS Courses (7.0 credits):
7.0 additional senior credits in CS courses. Students may also count up to 1.5 credits from senior KS courses.
Degree Program Electives:
An additional 10.0 credits for the degree total of 20.0 credits, (5.0 credits of which must be senior and 2.0 credits may be CS).
- A minimum grade of 6.0 (C+) in CS100 and a minimum grade of 6.0 (C+) in CS101 are required for progression into Year 2. For progression into Year 3 and Year 4, a minimum GPA of 6.00 in the major is required.
- CS340 may be included in the program, subject to the regulations governing Irregular courses.
- Students seeking entry into the program after Year 2 standing must have a minimum overall GPA of 9.00 (B+). Application for transfer into Communication Studies should be made at the end of the term in which the student meets the entrance requirements. Students can apply through a Program Selection Form (August or December) or LORIS (March-April).
- Students are advised that senior courses normally have prerequisites.
- Students are advised that the department may approve the inclusion of 300 and 400 level courses from cognate disciplines in a particular student's program if the topics are relevant to their course of study (e.g., PP480, SY402).
- A maximum of 2 Communication Studies Concentrations are permitted as part of the Honours BA CS degree.
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.