Honours BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
The Honours BSc Computer Science and Mathematics program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits including 7.5 senior credits in Computer Science and 6.5 senior credits in mathematics (MA) or statistics (ST), and all required elements are contained in the following recommended schedule:
CP312, CP317, CP363, CP372, CP373, CP386
MA222, ST259, ST260, MA338
1.5 senior CP elective credits at the 300 or 400 level. (Refer to Note 2)
2.0 senior MA or ST elective credits at the 300 or 400 level. (Refer to Note 3)
- While the above schedule constitutes the recommended sequence by which all program requirements are satisfied, other valid sequences are possible. However, many of the required courses have one or more prerequisites and students are advised to be cautious in departing from the recommended schedule.
- The program must include at least 1.5 elective credits of senior CP courses, at least 1.0 credit of which must be at the 400 level.
- The program must include at least 1.0 credit of 400 level Mathematics courses.
- Students must meet both conditions A and B in each year of the program:
For progression and graduation:
A. GPA of 5.00 in MA and ST credits and an overall GPA of 5.00
B. GPA of 5.00 in CP credits and an overall GPA of 5.00
- Senior honours students are expected to attend all department seminars.
- Based on the results of the Calculus Preparation Evaluation, an entering student may be advised to complete MA102 prior to completing MA103; then MA102 and MA103 would be completed in Year 1 and MA104 would be completed in Year 2.