Honours BSc Computer Science and Psychology: Computation and Cognitive Neuroscience Stream
The Honours BSc Computer Science and Psychology: Computation and Cognitive Neuroscience Stream program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits, including at least 7.0 senior Computer Science credits and at least 7.5 senior Psychology credits . The program must contain the following:
CP104, CP164, CP213, CP216, CP220/PC220, CP264, CP312, CP317, CP363, CP372, CP386, CP414, and at least 2.0 senior CP credits;
PS101 and PS102;
PS267 and two of (PS260, PS262, PS263);
One of PS270, PS275, PS276;
PS367 and one of (PS360, PS362);
PS394, PS395, PS410;
PS467 and one of (PS460, PS462);
PS499* (or 1.0 credit of 300 or 400-level PS courses);
MA103, MA121, MA122, MA238;
The electives must also include at least 0.5 credit from a discipline outside of the Faculty of Science.
- Based on the results of the Calculus Preparation Evaluation, an entering student may be required to complete MA102 prior to completing MA103.
- Progression to Year 2 requires a GPA of at least 5.00 in CP104 and CP164, a GPA of at least 5.00 in PS101 and PS102, and an overall GPA of at least 5.0. For progression to subsequent years, the cumulative GPA must be at least 5.00 in CP courses, at least 6.0 in PS courses, and at least 5.00 overall; for graduation, the cumulative GPA must be at least 5.00 in CP courses, at least 7.00 in PS courses and at least 5.00 overall.
- The senior CP electives must include at least 1.0 credit at the 400 level.
- For students considering graduate studies, it is recommended that a thesis (PS499* or CP493/CP494) be taken in Year 4. Students wishing to take PS499* are advised that this is a limited enrolment course; students must apply during the winter term of Year 3 to Psychology to take this course. Refer to the course description for application details.
- The following is a suggested schedule within which all program
requirements can be fulfilled.
- Year 1:
Fall: CP104, (MA102 or MA103), MA122, PS101, 0.5
Winter: CP164, MA103 if MA102 is taken in Fall,
MA121, PS102, 0.5 elective credit if MA103 is taken in
Winter, (or 1.0 elective credit if MA103 is already taken in Fall)
- Year 2:
Fall: CP220/PC220, CP213, PS295, PS267 and one of (PS260, PS262, PS263);
Winter: CP216, CP264, PS296, one of PS260, PS262, PS263; one of PS270, PS275, PS276;
- Year 3:
Fall: CP317, CP386, PS394; PS367 (or one of PS360, PS362), 0.5 senior CP elective credit
Winter: CP363, CP372, MA238, PS395, PS467 (or one of PS460, PS462);
- Year 4:
Fall: CP312, PS410, PS499* (or 0.5 300 or 400-level PS credit), one of PS360, PS362, (or PS367); 0.5 senior CP elective credit;
Winter: CP414, PS499* (or 0.5 300 or 400-level PS credit), one of PS460, PS462 (or PS467); 1.0 senior CP elective credit
- Year 1: