Honours BSc Biochemistry and Biotechnology
The Honours BSc Biochemistry and Biotechnology program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits with a minimum of 11.0 Chemistry and Biochemistry credits. Not more than 6.5 credits may be at the 100 level. All requirements are contained in the following recommended schedule (refer to Notes 1-6):
- While the above schedule constitutes the recommended sequence satisfying program requirements, other sequences are possible. Many of the required courses have one or more prerequisites and students are advised to be cautious in departing from the recommended schedule.
- All required Mathematics and Physics courses must be completed by the end of Year 2.
- Progression into Year 2 requires a minimum average GP of 5.00 in CH110, CH111, BI110, BI111 and an overall GPA of 5.00. Progression into Year 3 and Year 4, as well as graduation, requires a minimum average GP of 5.00 in Chemistry and Biochemistry courses and an overall GPA of 5.00.
- Progression into Year 3 and Year 4 in the Biochemistry and Biotechnology Honours BSc program requires that all prerequisites for the advanced courses be fulfilled by the end of Year 2.
- Electives must include at least 1.0 credit from outside of the major discipline(s) of which 0.5 credit must be from a discipline outside of those offered by the Faculty of Science.
- Program electives (1.0 credit) must be from the following list:
CH213, CH215, CH301, CH302, CH303, CH340, CH360, CH419, CH432, CH433/HE433, CH440, CH453, BI402/CH454, CH455, CH456, CH458, CH480, CH495.
BI236, BI276, BI338, BI374, BI393, BI402/CH454, BI476.