Community Psychology Specialization
This intensive specialization for Honours BA Psychology and Honours BA Psychology: Research Specialist students uses structural, ecological, intersectional, and critical lenses to provide core strengths in promoting health and wellbeing, community engagement, and social change through research, action, and policy.
The specialization includes 4.0 credits:
- 0.5 credit: PS282
- 0.5 credit: PS382 or PS398 (or SY489)
- 1.0 credit supervised by a community psychology faculty member: PS492*, or PS499*, or two PS490 courses
- 2.0 credits, including at least 1.5 credits at the third or fourth year level, from the following:
- PS285, PS287, PS374, PS383, PS389 or PS482
- Students may also choose the following credits if not completed above:
UU101, PS382, PS398 (or SY489), [PS492*, PS490 or PS499*, supervised by a community psychology faculty member. The list of community psychology faculty members can be found under the “Community Faculty” heading on the following webpage:
This specialization is only available at the Waterloo Campus.