Honours BSc Psychology
The Honours BSc Psychology program provides students with a science education that includes broad exposure to the major sub-fields of psychology along with some specialization in biological aspects of psychology. It is designed to provide students with the analytical skills and information useful for careers in the pharmaceutical industry, biomedical sciences, as well as a variety of other career options.
The Honours BSc Psychology program consists of 20.0 credits, including at least 10.0 but not more than 11.0 credits in Psychology. A maximum of 6.5 credits at the 100 level may be included in the program.
Year 1 (5.0 credits)
PS101 and PS102;
2.0 credits from: both BI110 and BI111; both CH110 and CH111; both PC141 and PC142 or (both PC131 and PC132); GL101 and GL102; CP104 and one of CP102, CP164.
- One of the following 2.0 required credits may be met after Year 1: Electives must include at least 2.0 credits from a discipline outside of the Faculty of Science.
3 and 4 (5.0 credits in each year)
Any two of PS260, PS261, PS262, PS263, PS267 which were not completed in Year 2
The remaining courses from PS270 or one of (PS275 or PS276), PS280, and PS282 (which were not completed in Year 2.
At least two of PS360, PS361, PS362, PS363, PS367, it is strongly recommended that one of these courses is completed during Year 3.
- Progression from Year 1 to Year 2 requires a GPA of at least 5.00 in PS101
and PS102, and a 5.00 GPA overall;
Progression from Year 2 to 3, and from Year 3 to 4 requires a 6.00 GPA
in Psychology and a 5.00 GPA overall. For graduation, a 6.00 GPA in
Psychology credits and a 5.00 GPA overall are required.
- At least 4.0 additional senior credits in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Human Biology, Mathematics, Physical Geography or Physics, eligible for credit towards a BSc program, must be completed by the end of Year 4.
- Students must complete 2.0 elective credits from disciplines outside of the Faculty of Science (Note: Manual determination of this requirement is needed. This cannot be determined electronically).
- Students in the Honours BSc Psychology program may register for PS370, PS375, PS382, PS394, PS395 or PS487 only with a minimum 7.00 GPA in Psychology, a minimum overall 6.00 GPA and a grade of at least 4.00 in each of PS295 and PS296 or with permission of the department.
- Students are able to graduate in honours if they achieve a GPA of 5.00 overall and 6.00 in PS courses. Refer to the Graduation/Degree Regulations for an alternate graduation option if honours degree requirements are not met.