International Policy Option
The International Policy option consists of 4.5 credits (3.5 required and 1.0 elective).
Required Core Courses (3.5 credits):
- EC120, EC140, GS101 or HR163; PO245 or HR223/DMJN223; and PO231 or PO232 or HR328.
- One of CC327, EC205, EC255, EC285, GESC254, HS324, MB235, OL334, PO218, PS295, PS296, SY382 or an equivalent statistics course approved by the School of International Policy and Governance.
Elective Courses (1.0 credits)
Two electives (1.0 credit) in courses focused on international policy issues, including the following courses and others as approved by the School of International Policy and Governance:
CC209, CC306, CC319, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326
EC207, EC238, EC239, EC246, EC249, EC307, EC316
GESC290, GESC362, GESC391, GESC397, GESC398, GESC493
GG261, GG263, GG272, GG273, GG363, GG367, GG389
GS232, GS311, GS323/RE323, GS331, GS335, GS351, GS361, GS435, GS461
HE301, HE400, HE411
HR231, HR232/LY232, HR263, HR301/OL301, HR312, HR320/YC320, HR329/HS329, HR333/LY333, HR335/LY335
LY207, LY304, LY306, LY334, LY405, LY411
PO220, PO232, PO321, PO322, PO323, PO326, PO329, PO330, PO331, PO332, PO333, PO334, PO345, PO420, PO433, PO470, PO494
SK221, SK421, SK431
SOJE202, SOJE215, SOJE226/DMJN226/MX226, SOJE250/LY250, SOJE260/HR260, SOJE310, SOJE312, SOJE324, SOJE419
SY316, SY321, SY333/AN333, SY405, SY422
Students should note that many of the elective courses have prerequisites courses that must be satisfied prior to registration.
- Honours program students with a minimum overall GPA of 7.00 at the end of Year 1, Year 2 or Year 3 are eligible to apply for the International Policy Option. A cumulative GPA of 7.00 in the courses specific to the International Policy Option is required to graduate.
- At least 2.5 of the required 4.5 credits in the option must be completed at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Completion of the International Policy Option requirements will result in a "International Policy Option" designation on student transcripts. The option is open to all honours students.
- Students are not permitted to complete both the International Policy Option and the International Development Option.
- Refer to Regulations Governing All Minors/Options.