Honours BA Human Rights and Human Diversity in Combination with another Honours BA Program
The Combined Honours BA in Human Rights and Human Diversity is only available at the Brantford Campus. It consists of 20.0 credits of which no more than 7.0 credits may be at the 100 level (6.0 credits if it is combined with a Faculty of Arts program).
Required Courses (7.5 credits)
- Human Rights: HR260/SOJE260 and two of: HR231, HR301/OL301, HR320/YC320, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326, HR329/HS329, HR360
- Human Diversity: HR261 and one of: HR232/LY232, HR263, HR355/SOJE355, HR361*, HR365/YC365, HR370/SOJE370
- HRHD Professionalization Seminar: HR300
- Institutions and Implementation: HR323/LY323, HR328
- Philosophy of Human Rights: HR401
- Capstone Course: One of: HR402, HR460
- Methods: CC233/HS233/OL233 or DMJN208 (Students considering graduate studies are strongly encouraged to
select CC233/HS233/OL233. Note: DMJN208 prerequisite of DMJN101 or DMJN202 ).
- 0.5 additional credit of HR-designated courses.
- 1.0 additional senior credit composed of additional HR-designated courses and/or selected from among the following: EN211,
EN280, EN310, FR250, FR251, GS223/RE206, HI256, HI271, HI338, HI349, HI375, HI396, HI397, ID201, OL225, OL480*, OL481, PP213, SOJE403*.
[Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites; not all will be offered at the Brantford Campus, and some may require prior permission of the Faculty of Arts. Although these prerequisites may be waived by the program or department administering the course, it is the responsibility of the student to make such arrangements.]
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
Senate Academic Planning Committee Revisions February 26, 2019: OL225 Changed from OL317; effective September 1, 2019.