Honours BSc Chemistry and Physics
The Honours BSc Chemistry and Physics joint program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits, including at least 6.0 senior credits in Chemistry and 6.0 senior credits in Physics. The program shall include a minimum of 14.0 senior credits. All required elements are contained in the following recommended schedule (refer to Note 1):
MA103, MA104 (unless MA102 is taken; refer to note 5 below)
1.5 elective credits (refer to Note 2: BI110 and CP104 recommended)
CH202, CH212, CH261
PC212, PC235, PC237, PC242
0.5 elective credit (refer to Note 2)
CH213, CH225, CH313, CH340, CH345, CH390 (refer to Note 4)
1.0 elective credit (refer to Note 2)
PC344, PC351, PC400A, PC454
Either CH490‡ and 1.0 senior PC credit
OR [PC491 + PC492], 1.0 senior CH credit and 0.5 elective credit
OR 1.0 senior CH credit, 1.0 senior PC credit and 0.5 elective credit (if neither CH490‡ nor [PC491 + PC492] is taken)
- The above is a suggested schedule within which all program requirements can be fulfilled. While other sequences are possible, many of the required courses have one or more prerequisites and students are advised to be cautious in departing from the recommended schedule.
- Electives must include at least 1.0 credit from outside of the major discipline(s) of which 0.5 credit must be from a discipline outside of those offered by the Faculty of Science.
- Progression into Year 2 requires a minimum average GP of 5.00 in CH110, CH111, PC131 and PC132, and an overall GPA of 5.00. Progression into Year 3 and Year 4, as well as graduation, requires a minimum average GP of 5.00 in Chemistry and Physics courses and an overall GPA of 5.00.
- Students who are not planning to enroll in CH490‡ or [PC491 + PC492] in Year 4 must enroll in CH390 in Year 3. Students who are planning to enroll in CH490‡ or [PC491 + PC492] in Year 4 are encouraged to enroll in CH390 in Year 3 but are not required to do so and may replace CH390 with 0.5 CH credit at the 300 or 400 level. By the end of the program, a student must have credit for at least one of the following: CH390, CH490‡, [PC491 + PC492]. A student may have credit for only one of CH490‡ or [PC491 + PC492].
- Based on the results of the Calculus Preparation Evaluation, an entering student may be advised to complete MA102 prior to completing MA103; then MA102 and MA103 would be completed in
Year 1 and MA104 would be completed in Year 2.