Honours BA French
The Honours French program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits, of which at least 14.0 must be at the senior level. Students must take at least 10.0 but no more than 12.0 credits in French, at least 9.0 of which must be senior.
Required courses (1.0 credit):
In addition to the requirements above (9.0 credits):
- LANGUAGE: Four (2.0 credits) of the following language courses:
FR150, FR151, FR250, FR251, FR260, FR270, FR300, FR330, FR331, FR360;
- CULTURE AND MEDIA: Four (2.0 credits) of the following culture and media courses:
FR225, FR233, FR234, FR235, FR237, FR238, FR240;
- FILM AND LITERATURE: Four (2.0 credits) of the
following film and literature courses:
FR332, FR334, FR335, FR337, FR338, FR370, FR385, FR433, FR434, FR435, FR437, FR438, FR485.
- Six (3.0 credits) of FR electives to be chosen from the courses above not already taken.
Degree Program Electives: An additional 10.0 credits toward the
degree total of 20.0 credits; only 2.0 credits may be FR.
- The following French courses must be taken in numerical sequence: FR101, FR102, FR150, FR151, FR250, FR251, FR360. Students may not take any of these courses out of sequence, and they cannot take any two of them simultaneously.
- Students should refer to the following guide to
register for the proper level of French:
Grade 10 French or lower: FR101
Grade 11 French: FR102
Grade 12 Core or Extended French: FR150
Grade 12 Core or Extended French with Level 4 AP: FR151
Grade 12 Immersion French: FR250
Graduation from a French High School: FR360
- Language courses must be taken in sequence,
except with permission of the department.
- Students are encouraged to take part in an exchange program at a French-speaking university. Contact Laurier International for details.
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
Senate Committee Revisions March 12, 2019: Program revisions; effective September 1, 2019.