Honours BA Human Rights and Human Diversity
The Honours BA in Human Rights and Human Diversity is only available at the Brantford Campus. It consists of 20.0 credits of which no more than 7.0 credits may be at the 100 level.
Required Courses (10.0 credits):
- Human Rights: HR260/SOJE260 and two of: HR231, HR301/OL301, HR320/YC320, HR321/DMJN321, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326, HR329/HS329, HR360
- Human Diversity: HR261 and one of: HR232/LY232, HR263, HR355/SOJE355, HR361*, HR365/YC365, HR370/SOJE370
- HRHD Professionalization Seminar: HR300
- Institutions and Implementation: HR323/LY323, HR328
- Philosophy of Human Rights: HR401
- Capstone Course: One of: HR402, HR460
- Methods: Students must complete either:
a) CC233/HS233/OL233, and one of: CC315/OL315, CC327, EN303, OL334, OL335. (Students considering graduate studies are strongly encouraged to select this option.)
b) DMJN208 and DMJN328
- 2.0 additional credits of HR-designated courses.
1.5 additional senior credits composed of additional HR-designated courses and/or selected from among the following: SOJE403*, EN211, EN280, EN310, FR250, FR251, HI271, HI338, HI349, HI375, HI396, HI397, ID201, OL317, OL480*, OL481, PP213, RE212*.
[Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites. Although these prerequisites may be waived by the program or department administering the course, it is the responsibility of the student to make such arrangements.]
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
Senate Academic Planning Committee March 19, 2018: Course revisions; effective September 1, 2018.