Option/Minor with BBA program
Students may choose to select their elective courses to meet the requirements for a minor/option (to a maximum of two) in a subject other than honours Business. Additional courses may be necessary to fulfill these requirements as well as those of the BBA program.
- Requirements for specific minors/options are included in the Departments section of the:
Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Human & Social Sciences, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Faculty of Music, Faculty of Science, School of Business and Economics - Economics Department and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary.
- A BBA student may not count EC255 or BU275 toward the Economics minor.
- 1.0 credit (or equivalent) may be counted towards the minor requirements if taken on a Letter of Permission basis, or as a cross-registered student at the University of Waterloo.
- Mathematics Minor: the Faculty of Science will permit students who have completed two years of study in the BBA/BMath double degree program, but who subsequently decide to drop their affiliation with University of Waterloo, to obtain a mathematics minor with the BBA degree if they complete a minimum of 1.0 senior mathematics credits on the WLU campus. Students must still have completed the required courses, or their equivalents, in such a way that 3.5 credits constitute the minor.
- A minor consists of a minimum of 3.0 credits and allows a student to complete a secondary area of study in a subject (e.g., sociology, women's studies, philosophy) different from their honours discipline.
- The minimum requirement for the minor consists of 3.0 credits, no fewer than 2.0 of which shall be senior credits and no fewer than 2.0 of which shall be obtained at Wilfrid Laurier University. Students may not hold a minor in a subject in which they have an honours major or option.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 4.5 is required on all courses of the minor subject(s).
- A minor is not available to students in the General BA or General BSc program without designation.