Honours BA Human Rights and Human Diversity
The Honours BA in Human Rights and Human Diversity is only available at the Brantford Campus. It consists of 20.0 credits of which no more than 7.0 credits may be at the 100 level.
Required Human Rights and Human Diversity Courses (10.0 credits):
- Human Rights: CT260/HR260 and two of: HR231, HR301/OL301, HR320/YC320, HR321/JN321, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326, HR329/HS329, HR360
- Human Diversity: HR261 and one of: HR263, HR355/CT355, HR361*, HR365/YC365, HR370/CT370
- HRHD Professionalization Seminar: HR300
- Institutions and Implementation: HR323/LY323, HR328
- Philosophy of Human Rights: HR401
- Capstone Course: One of: HR402, HR460
- Methods: CC233/HS233/OL233, and one of: CC315/OL315, CC327, JN334, OL334, OL335
- 2.0 additional credits of HR-designated courses.
1.5 additional credits composed of additional HR-designated courses and/or selected from among the following: EN211, EN280, EN310, FR250, FR251, HI271, HI338, HI349, HI375, HI396, HI397, ID201, OL480*, OL481, PP213, RE212*.
[Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites. Although these prerequisites may be waived by the program or department administering the course, it is the responsibility of the student to make such arrangements.]
Degree Program Electives: An additional 10.0 credits toward the degree total of 20.0 credits. All students in the program must complete successfully the Foundations curriculum: BF190, BF199, BF290, BF299.
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
- HR360 and HR460 are irregular courses. Each topic will be assigned to either the Human Rights or Human Diversity category as appropriate.