Honours BA Human Rights and Human Diversity in Combination with another Honours BA Program
The Combined Honours BA in Human Rights and Human Diversity is only available at the Brantford Campus. It consists of 20.0 credits of which no more than 7.0 credits may be at the 100 level (6.0 credits if it is combined with a Faculty of Arts program).
Required Human Rights and Human Diversity Courses (7.5 credits)
- Human Rights: CT260/HR260 and two of: HR231, HR301/OL301, HR320/YC320, HR321/JN321, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326, HR329/HS329, HR360
- Human Diversity: HR261 and one of: HR263, HR355/CT355, HR361*, HR365/YC365, HR370/CT370
- HRHD Professionalization Seminar: HR300
- Institutions and Implementation: HR323/LY323, HR328
- Philosophy of Human Rights: HR401
- Capstone Course: One of: HR402, HR460
- Methods: CC233/HS233/OL233
- 0.5 additional credit of HR-designated courses.
- 1.0 additional credit composed of additional HR-designated courses and/or selected from among the following: EN211,
EN280, EN310, FR250, FR251, HI271, HI338, HI349, HI375, HI396, HI397, ID201, OL480*, OL481, PP213, RE212*.
[Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites; not all will be offered at the Brantford Campus, and some may require prior permission of the Faculty of Arts. Although these prerequisites may be waived by the program or department administering the course, it is the responsibility of the student to make such arrangements.]
Degree Program Electives: An additional 12.5 credits toward the degree total of 20.0 credits. All students in the program must complete successfully the Foundations curriculum: BF190, BF199, BF290, BF299.
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
- HR360 and HR460 are irregular courses. Each topic will be assigned to either the Human Rights or Human Diversity category as appropriate.