Honours BA Human Rights & Human Diversity
The Honours BA in Human Rights & Human Diversity is only available at the Brantford Campus. It consists of 20.0 credits of which no more than 7.0 credits may be at the 100 level.
All students in the program must complete successfully the Foundations curriculum: BF190, BF199, BF290, BF299.
Required Courses (10.0 credits):
- Human Rights: CT260/HR260 and two of: HR231, HR301/OL301, HR320/YC320, HR321/JN321, CC325/HR325, CC326/HR326, HR329/HS329, HR360
- Human Diversity: HR261 and one of: HR263, HR355/CT355, HR361, HR365/YC365, HR370/CT370
- HRHD Professionalization Seminar: HR300
- Institutions and Implementation: HR323/LY323, HR328
- Philosophy of Human Rights: HR401
- Capstone Course: One of: HR402, HR460
- Methods: CC233/HS233/OL233, and one of: CC315/OL315, OL334, OL335
- 2.0 additional credits of HR-designated courses.
1.5 additional credits composed of additional HR-designated courses and/or selected from among the following: EN211, EN280, EN310, FR250, FR251, HI271, HI338, HI349, HI375, ID201, OL480*, OL481, PP213, RE212*.
[Students should be aware that some of these courses have prerequisites. Although these prerequisites may be waived by the program or department administering the course, it is the responsibility of the student to make such arrangements.]
- Refer to the University Regulations chapter for progression and course regulations and the earlier section regarding Regulations for All Honours Programs.
- HR360 and HR460 are irregular courses. Each topic will be assigned to either the Human Rights or Human Diversity category as appropriate.
- Students in the Honours Human Rights and Human Diversity program may specialize in human resources management through an articulation agreement with Conestoga College.
Under this agreement, students who have successfully completed 10.0 credits, including the 100-level and 200-level required courses in Human Rights and Human Diversity and OL224 (or equivalent), with at least a 5.0 GPA in these courses shall be eligible to enroll in the post-degree/post-diploma Human Resources Management program through Conestoga College. If these students complete these courses with an average of 70% or better, they will receive 5.0 senior credits as follows:
3.0 senior HRHD credits and 2.0 senior OL credits
Senate Addition February 4, 2015: Cross-listing changes HR320/YC320, HR365/YC365; effective September 1, 2015.
Senate Revision October 14, 2014: Articulation agreement revised; effective September 1, 2015.
Senate Revision May 28, 2015: FR230 and FR231 requirement changed to FR250 and FR251; PP213 added; effective date September 1, 2015.