Honours BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
The Honours BSc Computer Science and Mathematics program consists of a minimum of 20.0 credits including 7.5 senior credits in Computer Science and 6.5 senior credits in mathematics (MA) or statistics (ST), and all required elements are contained in the following recommended schedule:
CP312, CP317, CP363, CP372, CP373, CP386
MA222, ST259, ST260, MA338
1.5 senior CP elective credits at the 300 or 400 level. (Refer to Note 2)
2.0 senior MA or ST elective credits at the 300 or 400 level. (Refer to Note 3)
- While the above schedule constitutes the recommended sequence by which all program requirements are satisfied, other valid sequences are possible. However, many of the required courses have one or more prerequisites and students are advised to be cautious in departing from the recommended schedule.
- The program must include at least 1.5 elective credits of senior CP courses, at least 1.0 credit of which must be at the 400 level.
- The program must include at least 1.0 credit of 400 level Mathematics courses.
- Students must meet both conditions A and B in each year of the program:
For progression and graduation:
A. GPA of 5.00 in MA and ST credits and an overall GPA of 5.00
B. GPA of 5.00 in CP credits and an overall GPA of 5.00
- Senior honours students are expected to attend all department seminars.
- MA110* covers the same calculus topics as MA103, but includes a number of precalculus topics. Either MA110* or MA103 serves as prerequisite for MA104. Typically, students do both MA103 and MA104 in Year 1, or MA110* in Year 1 and then MA104 in Year 2.
Senate Revision May 28, 2015: Program revised; effective September 1, 2015.